Do you know someone that suffers from migraines? If you want to show them how much you care then today’s post will help you pick the perfect gift.
Migraines are worse than suffering from regular headaches. The throbbing headaches, sharp jolts of pain, intense nausea and other symptoms can be debilitating for many people. If you’ve ever had a migraine then you know how they can simply knock you out of regular life.
We write a lot about pain relief gifts here – from back pain gifts to wrist pain gifts and more – because giving a gift that helps relieve someone’s pain is the best kind of gift you can give.
So if you know someone who suffers from migraines, consider giving one of these gifts to them to show how much you care and wish for their well-being.
Below we’ve rounded up our favorite gift ideas for people with migraines:
Cold Ice Pack
Ice packs can be a huge blessing to people with migraines. A cold pack can relieve the swelling ad head pain that comes with a migraine. A traditional ice pack will do the trick for migraine sufferers and there are also wearable ice packs like the ones linked below that make it even easier. Ice packs will keep your head cool and feels great. Migraine sufferers can use them directly on the head or on the neck to get relief from a migraine.
- AZMED Ice Bag – Hot and Cold Reusable Pack 9 inch
- Theramed Cold Headache Band
- Headache Hat Wearable Ice Pack
Taking a bath can be a hugely relaxing activity for a person with a migraine. Soaking in a hot tub can be a great relief from your migraine and adding a luxurious bath pillow makes it so much better. Bath pillows will create a more comfortable experience and increases the therapeutic effects of the bath for migraine sufferers.
- #1 Top Rated Luxury Spa Bath Pillow Large-Strongest Suction Cups
- The Original GORILLA GRIP Non-Slip Spa Bath Pillow
- Estilo Luxury Bath and Spa Pillow
Blocking light is a huge deal for anyone with a migraine. The light can be brutal when you are already feeling sensitive with light. Eye masks are perfect for blocking light and creating a soothing feeling for the wearer. These are a perfect gift idea and make for lovely stocking stuffers during the holiday season. Buying an eye mask as a gift idea for migraine sufferers is a great idea and will be much appreciated.
- IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask and Eye Pillow
- TheraPearl Eye-ssential Mask – Reusable Hot Cold Therapy Mask
- Luxury Hot Cold Eye Mask – Lavender Eye Pillow Relieves Headache
For many people with frequent migraines, a heated massage can be a way to relax and find some relief. The heat combined with a neck massage can help relieve some tension and create a more pleasant experience. Neck massagers make a great gift since they can be used time and time when a migraine strikes. They are also great for using at any time!
- Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Heat
- Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager with Heat
- Body Back Buddy Self-Massage Tool
Bed Buddy Heating Pad
A heating pad is very useful to deal with the pain and tension that occurs when someone has a migraine. Many people with migraines also feel their hands and feet getting cold during a migraine which can be very troublesome. A heating pad is a great gift that can be used multiple times when migraines and cold nights hit. The heating pad only takes a few minutes to warm upwill help the user stay comfy and warm until the migraine passes.
Did you know that aromatherapy oils can help relieve headaches just like medicine for some people? While these might not be the only medicine needed for a migraine they do help some people. Be careful when gifting these due to the scent of certain oils. Ask ahead of time if there are certain oils that work for that person or if there are certain smells to avoid. Even better? This gift idea only costs between $5 and $20!
- Pure Body Naturals Undiluted Essential Peppermint Oil
- Head Ease Synergy Blend Essential Oil
- doTERRA PastTense Essential Oil Tension Blend Roll On
Herbal teas taste great and can be a wonderful relief to the pain of a migraine. Giving someone herbal teas can be a very thoughtful gift if they suffer from migraines. Some teas even help relieve certain migraine symptoms! Mint or ginger teas can be helpful for nausea and chamomile is helpful for relaxing until medication to help your migraine pass.
- Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea Sample
- TranquilyTea Anti-stress Passion Flower Linden Pear Herbal Tea
This gift idea for people with migraines requires a bit of extra work but it can be life changing since migraines cause huge light sensitivity. Blackout curtains take more time to install for a person but they block all the light in a room and allow complete darkness – something perfect for people with migraines. Make sure your gift includes installation from you or a professional to make these a no fuss gift for migraine sufferers.
- Eclipse Fresno 52 by 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain
- Best Home Fashion Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
- Deconovo® Black Thermal Insulated Blackout Panel Curtains
What NOT To Give
With migraines there are definitely some items that you should avoid buying and giving to your loved ones. Certain things will trigger them or even make migraines worse.
Here are some things that you should avoid gifting to people with migraines:
- Trigger foods (sometimes things like cheese, chocolate, wine, dried meats, aged foods)
- Perfume or any fragrant sprays
- Scented candles (opt for lightly scented if you must buy candles)
- Scented soaps and bubble baths
- Scented lotions and powders
- Anything with bright or overly complex patterns
Often when a migraine strikes many people prefer to do nothing or simply rest until the pain passes. For this reason some gifts for helping people relax as they lay down are also great for migraine sufferers. You can also view our gift ideas for people with headaches since these gift ideas are very similar!
If you are someone who suffers from migraines or no someone who does then I hope you appreciate these gift ideas!