This infographic shows you how to give your office a healthy makeover so that your employees stress less and work more!
If you can’t see the great office makeover infographic above, here are the details.
How To Implement A Healthy Office Makeover
You may not think of the average office as a dangerous place, but it’s true that there are several health risks employers need to be aware of. The experts of ergonomics at TheBackStore.com are exploring the hidden health risks in the workplace, and how these issues can be addressed and improved.
Did You Know?
According to research from the American Psychological Association (2013):
- The #1 reported cause of stress in the U.S. is job pressures and work overload.
- 76% of people cited work as the leading cause of their stress.
- $300 Billion – Annual costs to employers in stress-related health care and missed work.
Improve The Health of Your Office
Problem: Bad Posture
Bad posture combined with prolonged sitting can lead to:
- Back Pain: Your spine consists of 24 movable bones called vertebrae that connect to tough ligaments. Slouching works against your spine’s natural shape and puts strain on your back.
- Digestion Problems: Sitting in a crouched position also squishes your intestines, which impairs them from doing their job.
- Reduced Circulation: Slouching can affect your blood circulation, causing increased blood pressure, spider or varicose veins, and the generally unpleasant “pins-and-needles” feeling.
- Difficulty Breathing: Slouching severely reduces flexibility in your rib cage, constricting your diaphragm and keeping you from taking full, nourishing breaths.
Solution: Break The Habits
Invest in ergonomic workstation solutions such as….
- Ergonomic Office Chairs: Customized to fit your unique body for increased support. Try a Fjords, Ekornes, or Herman Miller ergonomic office chair.
- Standing Desks: Standing for part of the day increases energy, burns extra calories, increases blood flow, and ramps up metabolism.
- Regular Stretching: Employees should move every 30-60 minutes to reduce repetitive motion injuries.
- Adjustable Monitors: Change the height of your computer screen so that the top of the monitor is level with your eyes. HumanScale monitor arms are another solution to correct posture.
Those are just a few tips from the infographic on how to implement a healthier office with a few changes that help break bad habits. Giving your office a healthy makeover can improve life for your employees and help your company reach new heights.