We’re got your back!
Ergonomics in the Office
Look straight ahead and position the top of the monitor at eye level.
Keep shoulders back, down and relaxed to avoid hunching and tension.
Sit up straight with your back against the chair to avoid slouching.
Make sure your wrists are straight and your hand is resting softly on the mouse.
Place legs flat on the chair, not crossed, with feet resting flat on the floor.
Take frequent breaks from sitting. Get up and stretch or just walk around 5-10 minutes per hour.
Shocking Statistics in the USA
- One half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office.
- Lower back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain – and that’s just for the more easily identified costs.
5 Tips To Prevent Back Pain
- Healthy Diet and Weight
- Be Active and Stretch
- Firm Mattress
- Proper Posture
- Comfortable Shoes