A recent survey carried out by Office Reality found that 42% of office workers suffer from back pain or injury from their office chair or they know someone who does. These work related injuries due to improper chairs used while working end up costing businesses due to lost wages and downtime. This infographic shows how provided an ergonomic chair to employees can help prevent those work related injuries and help save a business money.
An ergonomic chair can save a business money!
Curious how this works? The ergonomic infographic lays out the logic behind this statement.
- The average amount of musculoskeletal disorders reported each year in the UK between 2009 to 2012 due to keyboard work, repetitive action and awkward/tiring positions was 179,000.
- 16 is the average amount of days taken off sick due to musculoskeletal disorders.
- In 2014 the national average was was $27,000 or $103.85 per day.
- Amount of money lost to a business due to musculoskeletal disorders was 16 x 103.85, or $1661.60 each year.
- Average price of an ergonomic chair is $234.
- The ergonomic chair only has to reduce the disorders by 14.08% to be financially effective: (234.00 is 14.08% of $1661.60).
- That’s reducing the amount of days off by just over 2 days to be worth it financially.
20% of people work in their office chair for 9 or more hours a day. That’s a lot of time spent in an office chair! No wonder it makes a difference to get a an ergonomic office chair.
41.6% of people have or know someone that have suffered from lower back pain or other injuries caused by their office chair. Almost half of workers have or know someone who has back pain or injuries. This is a huge amount of working people!
As you can see, the lost time due to repetitive strain injuries and pain like can cost a business a lot of money each year and really adds up over 10 years.
Providing a great ergonomics office chair and other ergonomic office equipment can help proven
Thanks to Office Reality for creating and providing this info graphic!