Many people like to use balance balls instead of chairs during the day to build core strength. This is a great idea for your physical fitness but it often leaves people slumped in poor posture positions because there is no back support. Now you don’t have to choose between having one or the other and can use a balance ball without the negative effects of poor posture.
The ergonomic balance ball chair from Gaiam changes that by offering people the ability to keep good posture while still using a balance ball to improve core strength.
Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair
The Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, developed under the consultation of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoff, greatly alleviates the aching back/legs/arms syndrome that comes from working at a desk for hours.
Designed for people between 5-feet and 5-feet, 11-inches tall, this unique chair employs the same balance ball used in your workout routine, but with an adjustable support bar, easy-glide casters, an air pump, and a desktop guide to help keep you moving. Designed by leading health and fitness experts, the Gaiam Balance Ball chair helps relieve pain and promote proper spinal alignment, posture, a healthier back, and overall well-being.
As you can see from this video showcasing the Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, the product is a great option for anyone that works in an office all day long.
Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair Features
- Created by leading health and fitness experts to improve your back health
- Employs the same balance ball used in your workout routine
- Helps build a healthier back, align the spine, relieve pain, and improve your overall well-being
- Includes removable 52-centimeter Balance Ball, an adjustable support bar, easy-glide casters, air pump
- Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300-pound weight capacity
- Note: for optimal performance, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation
Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair Dimensions & Details
- The height of the back of the chair is 2.5 feet tall
- The base measures 20 inches wide from one side of the wheels to the other
- Comes with 2 locking back casters and 2 regular front casters
- Some assembly is required
- Dimensions: 21 by 31 by 22 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair Delivery
Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair Customer Reviews
- WVL: I was desperately looking for a solution to the problem of having a numb rear end and upper thighs by the end of every work day. On a whim, I convinced my boss to let me try out this chair…I was not expecting to like it. But, surprise, I love it! It’s comfortable and the adjustment period just took about a day. After the second day of using the chair, I went home feeling energized and refreshed and no more numbness from being confined to an office chair all day. Try it….you’ll probably be surprised like I was.
- CCG: I have owned my ball chair for 3 years now and am going to be purchasing another in a few days. I purchased my first from GAIAM and will purchase my next from them as well.
- Patches: While at the optometrist I noticed that their gal had one and she let me try it out and told me how much she liked it. So i thought I’d go ahead and order it. I am so happy I did. I use this chair at work. it helps me sit up straight which is great since i’m at the computer/desk 10 hours every day!
- Jessica: Once I learned how to sit on it, it was amazing. It kept my back straight, and kept me sitting upright, and I didn’t feel so sleepy after 8 hours at the computer. I love this chair. It it worth the price.
- Read more reviews on Amazon.
Our Opinion on Gaiam Ergonomic Balance Ball Chair
We love using balance balls in our office but after many hours on one we noticed our posture suffered which led to back and neck pain. My boss in particular found that though she loved the benefits of sitting on a balance ball, she missed having a more secure chair with a back.
The Gaiam Balance Ball Chair solved that problem for us and gave us a way to use balance balls as chairs for longer periods. Admittedly it does still take time to get used to using this style chair over a regular office chair. For a full day of work we tend to mix sitting and standing so adjusting to use for just a few hours happened in a couple days.
The chair aligns your body and helps train your core muscles to support your back and body. Since most people don’t utilize their core enough these muscles tend to get weak. It’s more of a practice than an immediate benefit and is something that will improve your posture the more you do it while being mindful.
If you love using a balance ball as a chair but are a bit clumsy (we’ve both lost our balance and fallen when we weren’t paying attention) this chair gives you a more stable sitting arrangement. We haven’t fallen off since we got these!