Shoulder pain can be problematic and affect your life in many ways. Injury and overuse often cause shoulder pain so it’s a common problem many people suffer from for various reasons.
If you know someone who suffers from shoulder pain then you may consider purchasing one of the gifts below for them. (Or for yourself if you are having problems with shoulder pain!) Many of the gift ideas for neck pain sufferers will also help those who deal with shoulder pain.
Hot and Cold Shoulder Wrap
A good hot and cold shoulder wrap can help with many sources of pain like shoulder injuries by delivering a more targeted source of pain relief. These shoulder wraps can be used for heat or cold depending on your stage of recovery and needs. Many of them also offer support and compression which can help with shoulder pain relief.. Whether they use the hot or cold option, using the wrap for 20 minutes can help speed up recovery. Using heat will increase circulation to relax muscles and speed up damaged tissue recovery. The cold option works well for injury recovery and prevention by reducing pain sensations and muscle spasms.
- NatraCure Hot/Cold & Compression Shoulder Support
- TheraPearl Hot/Cold Shoulder Wrap
- ActiveWrap Shoulder Wrap For Hot Or Cold
Shoulder massagers come in several types and sizes but massage can be very beneficial as part of a shoulder pain relief plan. Massager pillows designed to work the muscles near the shoulder help tired, aching muscles that can cause shoulder pain. Additional heat from many shoulder massagers provides more relief as the heat soothes muscles. The portability of all of these massagers makes them ideal for use at home or anywhere you might go.
- Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager with Heat
- Shiatsu Neck Pillow Massager
- Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager for Muscles, Neck, Shoulder
Pain Relief Cream
Pain relief creams can be used for many different kinds of pain relief. This is great for people with shoulder pain because it can be used in that area that is often awkward to get covered by traditional wraps. These pain relief creams treat the root cause of pain like inflammation by providing the right mix of vitamins for relief and recovery. They are successfully used by thousands of people to treat muscle and tendon pain around joints like the shoulder.
- Penetrex – The World’s #1 OTC Anti-Inflammatory Therapy
- Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel, 8-Ounce
- Pain Defense | America’s #1 Joint Pain Relief
Neck and Shoulder Relaxer
Neck and shoulder relaxers are fantastic tools for reliving tension in the neck and shoulder that can lead to pain. This helpful shoulder pain relief tool cradles your head and gives strong support to the neck giving it a more natural curve than often happens in most positions while laying down. The positioning helps relieve tension in your shoulder as well as your neck and jaw. Many chiropractors recommend neck and shoulder relaxers which is why they are a great gift idea for anyone with pain in this region.
- Dr. Kay’s Theraputic Neck Support Tension Reliever, Neck and Shoulder Relaxer
- Soothe-A-Ciser Cervical Neck and Shoulder Pain Reliever
- Real-Ease Neck and Shoulder Relaxer
Poor posture can cause many different problems including shoulder pain due to slumped shoulders. Posture correctors improve your posture and help your spinal column achieve the appropriate alignment by straightening shoulders and your upper back. It’s a quick way to stop slouching and hunching when sitting with rounded shoulders – a huge problem for many people.
- Posture Corrector for Women
- Adjustable Posture Corrector and Clavicle Brace
- Posture Corrector for Women/Men Under Clothes Clavicle Brace
Better Pillow for Sleeping
Sleeping in the wrong position can make shoulder pain much worse which is why a better pillow for sleeping can help relieve some of the pain. A good, quality pillow for sleeping helps relieve neck, should, and back pain by allowing neck and shoulder muscles to fully relax during sleep. Though it may not be specifically advertised for shoulder pain, better pillows and a better night’s sleep is a great gift for anyone!
- Sleep Innovations Contour Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
- Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow
- Arc4life Cervical Linear Traction Neck Pillow
Shoulder Pain Relief Books
The number one thing anyone can do to help relieve shoulder pain is learn more about the situation. The first source of knowledge should be the doctor in charge of care, but books about shoulder pain and shoulder pain relief can be a great additional resource. Many of these books can give you new and useful ways to reduce and prevent shoulder pain. It’s also a great gift idea when you don’t know what a person already has tried to fix their shoulder pain.
- Healthy Shoulder Handbook
- Shoulder Pain Solution: Cure your Shoulder Tendon Pain forever!
- Shoulder Pain? The Solution & Prevention
Hopefully these should pain relief products provide the perfect gift for someone in your life with shoulder pain.
If you’re looking for more generic gift ideas, check out our guide to ergonomic gift ideas. There are plenty of gift ideas not covered here that would make an excellent gift for anyone, whether they struggle with pain or not.